domingo, 16 de febrero de 2014

My town by Xènia Llobera

From Xènia to Raquel Kim

Hi Rachel,

Now I will talk you about my town, Juneda. My town is not very big, it has 3,500 inhabitants. There are a lot of things for example the swiming pools, there are three: a large, one medium and one small for babies. You can find them at the outskirts of my town. There is also a football field next to the pools. We have a sports center where they practice many activities like skating, football, hockey, basketball and there is also a small gym.
From the pools to the first machine (there is a waterfall) there is a canal where you can walk and practice outdoor sports, all this is called "la banqueta".
From the top of the town to the train station there is the main street. On this street there is the church, the town hall, the theater (where they sometimes show films too), the library, a cultural complex, the Catalunya Square, the school and finally the train station.
In my town we celebrate many activities for exemple Calçotades, New Year's Eve, dinners in the street, carnival for the young and the small people, lunches and dinners for the old people, concerts, dances, market. But the one I like most is the Casserole piece contest. It's a competition where a lot of people of the town and people from other towns participate. It is made in the canal path and it consists to cook in a pan all the ingredients for exemple spinach, potatoes, snails, sausages and other things that you put together and it should be very tasty to win the competition. Once everybody has finished the cooking, we eat together and then we play, it's so fun.
I love my town!
This it's all of my town and I hope you like it.
This it's the first machine

This it's the Catalunya Square




No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario