domingo, 16 de febrero de 2014

My town by Laura Solsona

From Laura to Sarah Davisson

Hello Sarah.

I'm going to talk about my town. I live in Les Borges Blanques, it's near Lleida.
There are two Primary schools (CEIP Joan XXIII, and Mare de Dèu de Montserrat), two nurseries and a High School (Josep Vallverdú), there are five english schools too.
I live next to to the swimming pool,  where there are three swimming pools of different sizes and next to the football pitch, where all the football players of any age come to train during the week days and at the weekends there are matches.
In the park Terrall, there's a nice library with wonderful views to the two pools and the gardens. There is a Music School, where I go there four days a week, to play the piano and the violin. There are many different shops and supermarkets in my town. There is also a Primary Care Centre in the main road where people from Les Borges Blanques and other villages nearby come to it when they have health problems.
In the middle of the town, there's a Square, called Plaça de la Constitució, but my favourite Square is the Plaça Europa, because I 've played since I was 6 years old.
There's a magnificent church at the Carrer Nou  with a very high belfry with many bells in it and they sometimes chime when something important happens in town, for example a wedding, a baptism, the first communions, at Christmas Day, at Easter, in some festivities...
There's a little museum, it's about Francesc Macià, he was an important person of this town, and there was a monument, about Francesc Macià in Plaça Europa, but now,  stays in the museum.

This is the church



No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario