domingo, 16 de febrero de 2014

My town by Sara Camí

From Sara Camí to Rachel Foster

Hi Rachel! How are you?

My town. 
I'm going to talk about my town. My town is l'Albi, one of the most charming towns in les Garrigues, in Catalonia. L'Albi is a small town, but it is very homely. There are only 870 people in it.
Althought it is small, you can have fun with friends and walk around the town. You can practise some activities, like running, walking, playing football, cycling...
When you enter into the town there is a roundabout and and then you're into l'Albi.
We have one school, and in it there are approximately seventy or eighty students from one year to twelve years old.
There is a restaurant called "Ca la Margarita" and you can have breakfast, lunch and dinner in it. Also, there is a bar where you can go after eating to have something else. 

In my town, there is a church called Santa Maria and a hermitage called Sant Cosme i Sant Damià (the patterns of l'Albi). Near the hermitage, there is a monument of a snail. This is because in our village we are told snails. 

This is the monument of the snail.
There is a square, a castle (are rebuilding it and it is getting pretty), two pools (one big and the other is for young children) and a paddle court. Sometimes I play paddle with my friends and family, I like it very much!  Also, there is a cooperative with a great olive oil. 
In my town there is a football team and they are very good players. Every two weeks, they play football in the football field and I go to watch it. 
There is "La Tropa del Cargol", a band with drums and gralles and "Batukamelatu", where people walk around the town with the percussionists playing the instruments along the streets. I like it very much!
In may, there is a Festa Major, but in summer, the Festa Major is much more fun and during many more days. In this celebration, there are concerts, activities for children, dj for teenagers,... It's a big party and many people come to Albi to participate in it. 
This is all. 
I hope your answer soon. 
See you soon! 

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario