jueves, 20 de febrero de 2014

My town by Marta Vilalta

By Marta Vilalta to Rachel Holland.

Hi Rachel! How are you? You haven’t still written to me and I would like to know about you as I talked to you a few weeks ago… In this text I’m going to talk about my town.















I live in Vinaixa, a very small town in les Garrigues, Lleida. Vinaixa is a town where everyone knows everyone because it has a population of only about six hundred people. There aren’t so many things like a city but I like Vinaixa a lot.


In my town there are a school for children of three to twelve years old and a kindergarten for babies. In the school yard there is a football pitch where the children play football and the teenagers play futsal with other team towns.
This is the school.

In summer we have a enclousure for the swimming pool. There are two pools, a small pool for the babies and the other pool is bigger, for the other people.










In Vinaixa there are a library (Cal Blanco or Centre Cívic) where there are conferences, too, and a room where we can celebrate dances, celebrations, meals… Next to this room there is the “Casal dels avis”, where the old people play and spend good afternoons.

Our church name is Sant Joan Baptista. The church is Romanesque style and people sometimes come to visit it.


This is Cal Blanco
This is the chuch Joan Baptista.


People in Vinaixa can do a lot of things in the afternoons like dancing, computers, sports, handcrafts… The teenagers have a place where they can go in winter if it is cold in the street.

We celebrate a lot of parties, but a typical tradition in my town is “la Paella de Sant Bonifaci”. People from Vinaixa go to the hermitage of Sant Bonifaci and go to the church mass, dance sardanes, a typical dance in Catalunya, and then eat a big "paella d’arròs" paella rice.

This is the hermitage Sant Bonifaci.
Well Rachel, this is a little information of my town, I hope you answer soon to me! Kisses.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario